Apr 07 Reblogged
The Apollo 8 prime and backup crews pose by their Saturn V, December 1968.
Okay…several things about this photo:
1. They put Lovell between Borman and Anders. This was clearly orchestrated because Borman and Anders probably tried strangling each other
more than a few times.
2. Borman is leaning ever so slightly to his left. Because he is closer to his life’s ultimate goal, which is to slap the living s&*t out of Buzz Aldrin. “PLEASE GOD LET TODAY BE THE DAY.”
3. Haise is clearly thinking about something else. “What do I want to eat when I get home tonight? Do I want a milkshake with my hamburger?” etc.
4. Neil looks like he is about to bolt up and run. “SCREW THESE GUYS I AM OUTTA HERE. FRANK AND BUZZ TOGETHER GIVE ME THE SHAKES.”
5. As usual, Jim Lovell is the only one genuinely happy to be there. “I love everyone in this picture! I wish we could all get along, and eat ice cream made out of moon cheese together!”
Y’all remember that conversation you were having the other day about space dads?
I think Jim Lovell might be mine.